HOW Rx Destroyer™ WORKS…
The Rx Destroyer is eco-friendly “disposal in a bottle”. The Rx Destroyer™ bottle contains a ready-to-use chemical digestion solution. Simply load unused or unwanted medications into the bottle. Shake to mix patent pending digestion solution over the medications. Drugs start dissolving on contact permitting the active medication ingredients to be adsorbed and neutralized by the active charcoal ingredients. The active medication ingredients permanently bond to the activated charcoal and the process is irreversible.
Rx Destroyer™ is reusable and is recommended to be stored in a controlled area when not in use. Discard bottle with contents into common trash.
Rx Destroyer TM meets “non-retrievable” DEA standards for controlled substances. In addition, Rx Destroyer meets DEA requirements for drug destruction which helps accomplish the DEA’s goal to reduce drug diversion by keeping medications out of the wrong hands, diminish accidental poisoning and decrease illicit drug activities.
Rx Destroyer™ is the responsible drug disposal choice and it supports EPA and FDA efforts to help prevent leaching of pharmaceutical into drinking water, soil, and waterways. In most states, Rx Destroyer™ meets disposal regulations for solid waste, which allows the Rx Destroyer™ bottle and its contents to be discarded with common trash. For additional topic related information, please refer to your facilities, state and local regulations.
- Patent pending ventilated cap to avoid pressure build-up.
- Formulated to resist mold and bacteria
- Safe and eco-friendly!
- Meets non-retrievable DEA standards for controlled substances.
- Safely accepting antacids and co-mingled medications.
- Use Rx Destroyer for pills, capsules, syringe liquids, liquids, patches, creams and lozenges. All can go safely into the same bottle.
- Renders medications unrecoverable and inert.
- Tested by a 3rd party lab with documentation supporting safety and effectiveness.
- *Not for use with hazardous medications.
- Available in 4 oz., 16 oz., 64 oz., 1 gallon, 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon bottles. The 64 oz., 1 gallon, 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon are also available in a liquids only version.
- Not for use with hazardous medication (u or p-lists) and no effervescent property meds.